Chimi-what? Doesn’t matter, this marinate is so good! The sauce that soaks the onions marinates the rest of the items in this dish while on the skewer!
- 1 lb sirloin (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 red onion (cubed)
- 4 cups of broccoli
- 2 tbsp parsley (dried or fresh)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 6 bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 1 hr)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. After dicing the meat, season with the salt and pepper. For the chimichurri sauce, in a large bowl combine the cubed red onion, vinegar, and olive oil and let sit for about five minutes to make the onion a bit milder.
Then, add the water, red pepper flakes, garlic, parsley and cilantro. This will marinade the red onion which will soak onto the broccoli and sirloin. Next, place the onion soaked in the sauce, sirloin, and broccoli onto the skewer (using more broccoli and onion). Careful not to stab yourself with the skewer! On a baking sheet, spray with an extra olive oil spray and place the skewers onto the pan. Every 3 minutes, rotate the skewers onto the pan and cook to desired doneness (probably around 10-12 minutes total).