It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!
Nope, not Christmas yet – you put that Santa hat away and don’t bring it out for another two more weeks!
Alright, alright guys. I’m about to get real basic here.
Surprise, surprise, I love pumpkin.
Adding a dash of pumpkin pie spice to my coconut/almond milk coffee isn’t something I do in the fall – I like to add a dash of that bad boy seasoning blend alllll year round.
Pumpkin is such an awesome and healthy thing to eat and super easy to make any time of the year because it’s so easy to get canned at any time during the year.
Now that the weather down here in sunny Charleson, South Carolina has chilled down a little bit, I am in the mood now more than ever. The leather boots and blanket scarves are out my friends, and so is the pumpkin!
So alas, I’ll take an excuse to make an easy-peasy pumpkin mousse. Yes, it’s as delicious as it looks.
Now remember, I am not used to having sweet tasting things, so feel free to add a dash more of the stevia or honey to your liking (or if you’re serving this for guests.)
I am totally planning on using this filling for a my pumpkin pie this turkey day!
- 1 can coconut cream cream only
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp stevia can substitute with honey - add more if desired
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp powdered vanilla
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips Enjoy life dark chocolate is my fav!
- Begin by whipping the coconut cream (cream only) in a large bowl. In a separate, medium-sized bowl, add the pumpkin puree and the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and mix.
- Little by little, pour some of the pumpkin mixture into the bowl of the coconut cream, using a rubber scraper to combine and mix. Continue adding the pumpkin until fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and allow to cool in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving.